Christopher A. Whiteman
373 S. Willow St. PMB 267, Manchester NH 03103 (mail) – 163A Highrock Road, Weare, NH 03281
(603)384-3204(home) / (253)797-4961(cell) email@example.com
To secure challenging and rewarding employment as a professional writer.
- Excellent writing, research and problem solving skills.
- Management and planning experience.
- Computer, office-tool, and record-keeping skills.
- Lifelong interest in nature and the changing global climate.
- 10+ years experience in building construction.
- Mechanically inclined; skilled in maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Adept with a wide range of hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Excellent map reading and route planning skills in most types of print and digital formats.
- Class A CDL.
- United Natural Foods Inc., Auburn, WA, August 2011 – March 2013.
Operate grocery delivery routes across Washington and the Northwest in tractor-trailers.
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Seattle, WA, October 2010 – August 2011.
Drive tractor-trailers on pickup and delivery routes from Tacoma to the Canadian border.
- Logistics Solutions Group, Fort Lewis, WA, July 2010 – October 2010.
Work as a driver operating a range of vehicles from buses and straight trucks to tractor-trailers.
- Business Management Major at Western Governors University, December 2011 – currently enrolled, anticipated graduation in May 2014.
- Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, PTDI truck driving certificate and Class A CDL, graduated April 30, 2010.
Etruscan Builders, LLC, NM Lic. # 350911, Albuquerque, NM
Superintendent/ LLC Partner, March 2007 – November 2009
General contractor in residential and commercial construction. Design, plan, manage and build projects to customer specifications from renovations to new construction.
Century Drywall and Construction, Albuquerque, NM
Framer/Welder, Lead Man, May 2000 – March 2007
Worked in multiple capacities on commercial construction projects small to very large including: framer, welder, sheetrocker, equipment operator, lead and foreman positions.
Clovis News Journal, Clovis, NM
Reporter, July, 1998 – July, 1999
Covered city, police and military beats for a daily newspaper. Additionally, did investigative reporting and features as assigned.
U.S. Army, 1989 – 1991, Honorable discharge
Mos 11B, Infantry. Served as a member of a mechanized infantry platoon.
- ACE (Academy for College Excellence) Foundations of Leadership Course. May, 2013
- CompTia Project+ Certification. January, 2014
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) certified.
Current extra activities
- Ham Radio Technician Class in Concord, NH. Will complete Technician level licensure by May, 2014.
- Regularly attend writing and news-related classes at Nackey S. Loeb School of Communications in Manchester, NH.
Extended work history
- Precision Tune. July, 1999 – May, 2000. Service writer at an auto repair shop in Albuquerque, NM.
- CALPIRG, and NMPIRG. February, 1997 – February, 1998. Lead field manager for canvassing crews on environmental campaigns in California and New Mexico.
- Rust Plant Services. June, 1995 – July, 1996. Pipefitter and welder in various locations in southeast U.S.
- Boardwalk Autocenter. July, 1994 – June, 1995. Auto parts counter person in Redwood city, CA.
- Abuquerque Underground. April, 1993 – August, 1993 and January, 1994 – June 1994. Pipefitter, equipment operator, and lead man in various New Mexico locations.
- Condore Construction. June, 1992 – April, 1993. Laborer and pipefitter helper in various New Mexico locations.
- Napieralski Forestry Company. January, 1992 – June, 1992. Tree planter at coal mine reclamation sites in midwestern U.S.